The best way to learn the Indian history is through BA ( History ) syllabus books of Universities of the four regions and School books of CBSE and State boards.
Where should I start in Indian history?
The History of India begins with the birth of the Indus Valley Civilization, more precisely known as Harappan Civilization. It flourished around 2,500 BC, in the western part of South Asia, what today is Pakistan and Western India.
How do I start studying history?
The best way to study history is to take several different perspectives/writing on the same subject matter and compare/contrast what you find in each one. Best case scenario look into some academic journals or any books that actually does footnoting and you generally will get “valid” information.
Where can I read about Indian history?
10 must-read books on Indian History
- Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Nehru. …
- Freedom at Midnight by Dominique Lapierre and Larry Collins. …
- The Argumentative Indian by Amartya Sen. …
- India after Gandhi: The History of the World’s Largest Democracy by Ramachandra Guha. …
- The Wonder That Was India by A L Basham.
Who Ruled India first?
The Maurya Empire (320-185 B.C.E.) was the first major historical Indian empire, and definitely the largest one created by an Indian dynasty. The empire arose as a consequence of state consolidation in northern India, which led to one state, Magadha, in today’s Bihar, dominating the Ganges plain.
Who is first king of India?
Ans: Chandragupta Maurya was the first king/ruler of Ancient India.
How can I memorize faster?
7 Brain Hacks to Learn and Memorize Things Faster
- Exercise to clear your head. …
- Write down what needs to be memorized over and over. …
- Do yoga. …
- Study or practice in the afternoon. …
- Relate new things to what you already know. …
- Stay away from multitasking. …
- Teach other people what you’ve learned.
How can I memorize history easily?
Seeing, saying, hearing, and touching at the same time help your brain make stronger connections and memorize information more easily. Try reading your textbook out loud as you study, and say what you’re writing as you create your flashcards. You could also try recording yourself reading your textbook or flashcards.
What is the best time to study history?
2:00 PM – 6:00 PM is the best time of day for reading-heavy tasks like studying literature and history. (Now, of course because some of us tend to be “morning people” and others tend to be “night people” there’s a 2-3 hour variance depending on where you fall on that spectrum…)
How can I be good at history?
The following are keys to effective note taking in your history class.
- Arrive at class having completed all assigned readings. …
- Pay attention to which topics are important to your professor. …
- Your notes should be legible and organized. …
- Always record the date and title for each lecture in your notes.
Can you self study history?
Studying history independently can have many challenges. Many opportunities are lost by not being able to discuss important events and get an interactive experience. … Studying independently can provide you with a wealth of information and knowledge and expose you to new ideas that are otherwise unfamiliar.
How can I pass my history exam without studying?
12 Study Hacks To Pass Exams Without Studying
- Find a work place you prefer: Find a suitable work place that is comfortable and be ready to spend your last minute jitters there. …
- Assemble your requirements and ditch your distractions: Be prepared with your paper, notes, text books, water bottle.
How old is India?
India is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world. From the traces of hominoid activity discovered in the subcontinent, it is recognized that the area now known as India was inhabited approximately 250,000 years ago.
Who ruled India in 1st century?
|68||Establishment of the Kushan empire by Kujula Kadphises.|
|78||Gautamiputra Satkarni becomes Satavahana emperor and starts Shalivahana era calendar after defeating Scythian king Maues.|
|100 or after||Sugar was first produced from sugarcane plants in northern India sometime after the first century.|
How old is Indian history?
Settled life emerged on the subcontinent in the western margins of the Indus River alluvium approximately 9,000 years ago, evolving gradually into the Indus valley civilisation of the third millennium BCE.