The Indian constitution recognizes 22 official languages: Bengali, Hindi, Maithili, Nepalese, Sanskrit, Tamil, Urdu, Assamese, Dogri, Kannada, Gujarati, Bodo, Manipur (also known as Meitei), Oriya, Marathi, Santali, Telugu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Malayalam, Konkani and Kashmiri.
How many languages in India name them?
They include, besides Sanskrit, the following 21 modern Indian languages: Assamese, Bangla, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kashmiri, Kannada, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Santali, Sindhi, and Urdu.
What are the 23 official languages of India?
India has a grand total of twenty-three official languages. Here’s your list (in alphabetical order): Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Marathi, Meitei (Manipuri), Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Telugu and Urdu.
Which is the first language in India?
Sanskrit (5000 years old)
Sanskrit is a widely spoken language in India. Almost all the ancient manuscripts of Hindusim, Jainism and Buddhism were written in this language. The first written record of Sanskrit can be found in Rigveda.
How old is India?
India is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world. From the traces of hominoid activity discovered in the subcontinent, it is recognized that the area now known as India was inhabited approximately 250,000 years ago.
Which is best language in India?
Top 10 Most Popular Indian Languages
- Hindi. Hindi is officially the most popular language spoken across India. …
- Bengali. The second most widely spoken language after Hindi is none other than Bengali which is said to be spoken by approximately 8% of the entire population. …
Which is the oldest language in world?
Seven oldest surviving languages in the world.
- Tamil: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 300 BC. …
- Sanskrit: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 2000 BC. …
- Greek: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1500 BC. …
- Chinese: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1250 BC.
Which is the first language in the world?
1. Tamil (5000 years old) – Oldest Living Language of the World. Source Spoken by 78 million people and official language in Sri Lanka and Singapore, Tamil is the oldest language in the world.
Do Indians speak English?
English has become the second most spoken language in India.. In India People speak English but not very fluently. We always like to speak English with local flavor . We call it ”Hinglish”There are very few highly educated and products of good English School or from upper class they can speak English very fluently.
Which language is known as Queen of script?
Kannada had a huge boost during the Vijayanagar period. Shri Vinoba Bhave called “Kannada” script the “Queen of World Scripts” – “Vishwa Lipigala Raani”.