There are also sizeable migrant Telugu, Malayalee, Sri Lankan Tamil communities in the city. … Tamil is the city’s first language. English is spoken widely in South Chennai and Central Chennai, (Kanchipuram and Chennai districts) and is used almost exclusively in business, education and other white collar professions.
Is the main language spoken in Chennai?
Hence the language spoken here is also more than one. English is the most prevalent official language in Chennai. It is widely used and understood by the people of the cultured city of South. However,Tamil is the mother tongue of the original inhabitants of the place.
Is English spoken in Tamil Nadu?
Besides the above-mentioned languages, English is also spoken as a subsidiary language in Tamil Nadu. Tamil is spoken as the first language by 88.43 percent of the population followed by Telugu by 8.65 percent, Kannada by 2.68 percent, Urdu by 1.51 per cent, Malayalam by 0.89 percent and Marathi by 0.1 percent.
What is Chennai famous for?
5 things that Chennai is well-known for
- The local food. Chennai is known for the Ambur Biryani. …
- Marina beach. Marina beach is among the most popular beaches in Chennai. …
- The coffee culture. Chennai is known for its coffee. …
- The Temples. Chennai is well known for its temples all over the country. …
What is famous food in Chennai?
Street food of Chennai
- Idli and Sambhar, a common dish in Chennai.
- Dosai Chutney Hotel Saravana Bhavan.
- Onion Tomato Uttapam.
- Pongal with chutney,sambar,vada.
- Vada sambar chutney.
- Milagaai Bajji or Chilli Bhajji.
- Pista Kulfi.
What is the dress of Chennai?
The women in Tamil Nadu are wearing rich culture saris. The young girls wear full-length short blouse and shawl, this style of wearing is called Pavada, which also known as half sari. Now most of the women in cities are wearing Salwar Kameez, Jeans and Pants. Men are wearing T-shirts, Cotton shirts and lungi.
What is the main food of Tamil Nadu?
Idli. The most famous dish in Tamilnadu, as well as the whole southern region is Idli. Prepared with a grind mixture of soaked rice and white lentil, Idli is best to eat in the breakfast time.
How can I learn fluent English?
7 tips on speaking English fluently and confidently
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Your goal is to deliver a message, not speak perfect English, with the right grammar and vocabulary. …
- Practise, practise, practise. Practice makes perfect. …
- Listen. …
- Celebrate success.