Pongal is the main festival celebrated in Chennai.
What is the famous festivals of Tamil Nadu?
Pongal is the most famous festival in Tamil Nadu. It is the harvest festival that lasts for four days and is celebrated in the middle of January. The festival is a show of appreciation and gratitude to the Sun God for helping with the agriculture.
Is Pongal celebrated in Chennai?
Pongal is the main festival celebrated in Chennai. Pongal is the harvest festival and is celebrated across five days in January. A sweet delicacy made out of rice and jaggery called pongal is prepared during the festival.
Who are the Tamil gods?
- Natrajar of Chidambaram.
- Some Siddhars.
- Powers of siddhars.
What are the 4 days of Pongal 2020?
Four Days of Pongal Celebrations
- Day One of Pongal – Bhogi.
- Day Two of Pongal – Surya Pongal.
- Day Three of Pongal – Mattu Pongal.
- Four Day of Pongal – Kaanum Pongal.
Does Kerala celebrate Pongal?
Signifying the rural traditions, Pongal is the most important festival of Kerala. The Pongal series consists of Bhogi Pongal, Thai Pongal, Mattu Ponal and Kanum Pongal. … Each Pongal is unique in its concept and has its own rituals and celebrations.
What is Chennai famous for?
5 things that Chennai is well-known for
- The local food. Chennai is known for the Ambur Biryani. …
- Marina beach. Marina beach is among the most popular beaches in Chennai. …
- The coffee culture. Chennai is known for its coffee. …
- The Temples. Chennai is well known for its temples all over the country. …
What is the name of Chennai Beach?
Located along the Marina Beach Road, the Marina Beach in Chennai has earned its place in the list of must-visit beaches in Chennai since it is the longest one in India and the second longest one in the world.