What are the 3 most spoken languages in India?
More than one million speakers
|Rank||Language||2011 Census of India (total: 1,210,854,977)|
What are the 22 languages in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
Which is the first language in India?
Sanskrit (5000 years old)
Sanskrit is a widely spoken language in India. Almost all the ancient manuscripts of Hindusim, Jainism and Buddhism were written in this language. The first written record of Sanskrit can be found in Rigveda.
Which is toughest language in India?
Google admits Malayalam(official language of Kerala State) to be the toughest language in India. It is both difficult to learn and speak as compared to any other language in India.
How old is India?
India is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world. From the traces of hominoid activity discovered in the subcontinent, it is recognized that the area now known as India was inhabited approximately 250,000 years ago.
Which is the queen of all languages?
Which Is The Queen Of All Languages In The World? Kannada Language spoken in the Southern State in India is the Queen Of All Languages In The World. The people spoke the most prominent Dravidian language of Karnataka In India. Almost 44 million people spoke the language across the globe.
Which is the richest language in India?
Sanskrit the mother of most Indian languages is considered to be the one of the greatest and richest of all languages.
Which is the oldest language in world?
Seven oldest surviving languages in the world.
- Tamil: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 300 BC. …
- Sanskrit: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 2000 BC. …
- Greek: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1500 BC. …
- Chinese: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1250 BC.
How many languages are spoken in India in total?
More than 19,500 languages or dialects are spoken in India as mother tongues, according to the latest analysis of a census released this week. There are 121 languages which are spoken by 10,000 or more people in India, which has a population of 121 crore, it said.
What is first language and second language?
A first language is the mother tongue or native language of a person while a second language is a language a person learns in order to communicate with the native speaker of that language. … There are many alternatives to a second language. A person/community can choose a second language among other languages.