How many days does it rain in Mumbai? In Mumbai, India, during the entire year, the rain falls for 78.9 days and collects up to 2258mm (88.9″) of precipitation.
How often does it rain in Mumbai?
In Mumbai, precipitation amounts to about 2,250 mm (89 in) per year. Here is the average precipitation. The sun in Mumbai regularly shines in the dry season, while in the rainy season, the sky is often cloudy, especially in July and August.
Does it rain a lot in Mumbai?
A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: June, July, August and September. Mumbai has dry periods in January, February, March, April, May, November and December. On average, July is the wettest month. On average, March is the driest month.
How much rain does Mumbai get?
Its coastal nature and tropical location ensure temperatures do not fluctuate much throughout the year. The mean average is 27.2 °C and average precipitation is 242.2 cm (95.35 inches).
When it will start raining in Mumbai?
Monsoon in Mumbai arrives by June 10, leading to warm and humid weather during July and September. Mumbai rains are heaviest in July and August.
Which language is used in Mumbai?
The 4 languages primarily spoken throughout the Mumbai Suburban District are Marathi, Hindi, English and Gujarati.
How safe is Mumbai?
Mumbai ranks 45th in the list released by released by the Economist Intelligence Unit, which looks at parameters such as digital, health, infrastructure and personal security.
What is the best time to go to Mumbai?
Best Time to Visit Mumbai
- November to February: The winter months are the most pleasant in Mumbai. …
- March to May: Humidity starts rising from March and as summers start approaching. …
- June to October: This is the famous monsoon season in Mumbai which sees continuous rainfall, particularly in the months of July and August.
What is Mumbai famous for?
It has the highest number of millionaires and billionaires among all cities in India. Mumbai is home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Elephanta Caves, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, and the city’s distinctive ensemble of Victorian and Art Deco buildings.
Which month gets the most rainfall in Mumbai?
* Data from weather station: Mumbai, India.
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: June, July, August and September.
- Mumbai has dry periods in January, February, March, April, May, November and December.
- On average, July is the wettest month.
- On average, March is the driest month.
Does Mumbai have snow?
The climate in Mumbai is usually hot and humid. So, it does not snow in Mumbai.
Why is there no winter in Mumbai?
1. Mumbai and Chennai have maritime climate as it is along the shoreline of Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal respectively. So the sea tones down extreme climatic conditions. … The breeze blows over the sea and land, as a result these cities experience less severe summer and winter.
Is it good to visit Mumbai in June?
Mumbai receives copious rainfall during the monsoon from June to September. The temperature ranges from 20 to 30 degrees Celcius. … Summer is not a good time to visit Mumbai because it is too hot and humid with temperatures between 25 to 38 degrees Celcius.
What is the orange alert?
When there is isolated heavy to very heavy rainfall consecutively for 3 days, then the colour is “Orange for Day 1 and 2 and Red for Day 3”. For isolated extremely heavy rainfall or scattered heavy to very heavy rainfall, the colour is Red.
Which Indian city has the best weather?
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the list of the best weather cities in India.