The first electric train ran in India with the inauguration of services between Bombay VT and Kurla Harbour on 3rd Feb 1925 on ex-GIP Railway system. The section was electrified on 1500 Volt DC.
What is the name of first electric train of India?
Introduced on June 1, 1930, the Deccan Queen was India’s “first superfast train, first long-distance electric-hauled train, first vestibuled train, the first train to have a ‘women-only’ car, and the first train to feature a dining car”.
Which was the first electric train?
The first electric passenger train was presented by Werner von Siemens at Berlin in 1879. The locomotive was driven by a 2.2 kW, series-wound motor, and the train, consisting of the locomotive and three cars, reached a speed of 13 km/h.
Who started first railway in India?
In south the first line was opened on Ist July, 1856 by the Madras Railway Company. It ran between Vyasarpadi Jeeva Nilayam (Veyasarpandy) and Walajah Road (Arcot), a distance of 63 miles. In the North a length of 119 miles of line was laid from Allahabad to Kanpur on 3rd March 1859.
Which is the fastest train in India 2020?
Let’s have a look at the Fastest Trains in India:
- Vande Bharat Express – Train 18 (22439), 180 km/h.
- Gatimaan Express (12049/12050), 160 km/h.
- New Delhi – Bhopal Shatabdi Express (12002), 150 km/h.
- Mumbai – New Delhi Rajdhani Express (12951) & New Delhi – Kanpur Shatabdi Express (12034), 140 km/hour.
When was the first electric toy train?
While real trains go back to the advent of the Industrial Revolution in the early 1800s, toy trains emerged later. Wooden and metal toys resembling trains were first made in Europe in the 1860s. By 1901, Lionel made its first electric train for use in store display windows.
How many trains are there in India in 2020?
Indian Railways is among the world’s largest rail network, and its route length network is spread over 67,956 kms, with 13,169 passenger trains and 8,479 freight trains, plying 23 million travellers and 3 million tonnes (MT) of freight daily from 7,349 stations.
Who is the founder of train?
Which is the longest platform in India?
Longest railway platforms
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
- Pilibhit Junction, Uttar Pradesh India 900 m (2,953 ft)
- Auto Club Speedway station, Fontana, California, US: 2,675 ft (815 m)